Updated: Apr 2
Vacancy - closing date 19th Feb 2021
Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Weston-In-Gordano Parish Council is looking to appoint a part-time Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer who can manage the Council’s statutory obligations, organise and record the Council’s activities, assist the Parish Councillors and promote the interests of the Parish.
Hours of work – 6 hours per week which includes one monthly Council meeting (currently held remotely) and additional meetings when required.
NJC Salary Point hourly rate of between £11.08 (Point 10) and £11.30 (Point 11) dependent upon qualifications and experience with appropriate expenses paid for administration costs and travel.
Working from home, the Clerk will need space for the normal office-based equipment including laptop and printer (laptop provided by the Council) and office sundries. The Clerk is not required to live in the Parish but may need to attend meetings held in the Parish (in the future) and may also be required to represent the Parish Council at local authority and partner meetings.
The successful candidate will need:
• To be an excellent communicator, self-motivated and have a flexible attitude
• Able to build strong, enduring relationships with all key stakeholders
• Strong organisational, financial management and administrative skills
• To have experience of setting and controlling a budget
• To have an understanding of how local government in the community works.
• A certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) is required
• To be ICT literate, able to use word-processing and spreadsheet software and manage a website
• have qualifications to A-Level or equivalent, to include a minimum of GCSE Maths and English
It is desirable that the successful candidate will have experience with a parish or town council or in an environment that is governed by similar legislative and procedural controls e.g. law; accountancy, a local authority
More information and an application form is available on request by emailing WIG.ParishCouncilClerk@outlook.com
You can also contact Jon Bennett, Chairman of the Council, on 07764 323877 for more information or an informal discussion.